When Google Now is disabled, Nova Launcher doesn’t show the icon. This guide will help you fix your problem and make sure that Google Now works again.
The “nova google companion not working android 11” is an issue that has been present for a while. There are multiple solutions to fix the problem, but one of the most common fixes is to use Nova Launcher’s Google Now feature.
Nova Launcher is the most feature-packed custom launcher available. You can make your UI seem anyway you want it to look with some simple modification (an icon pack and KWGT may also help). Support for the Google Discover shortcut when swiping right from the home screen is also included. However, it seems that for certain users, Google Now (now known as Google Discover) is not functioning on Nova Launcher.
Contents: Table of Contents
- Download and install Nova Google Companion.
- Google Companion Feed may be disabled and re-enabled.
- Clear the Google app’s cache.
- Nova Launcher should be restarted
- Restart the Google app
How can I turn on Google in Nova Launcher now?
It’s simple if you already have Google Companion. Download and install the APK if you haven’t already (link below). It’s that easy.
If Google Now is still not functioning after installing and setting Nova Google Companion, follow the instructions below to quickly resolve the issue.
Install Nova Google Companion as a first step.
Only use this step as a solution if you don’t already have Google Companion. If you haven’t noticed, Google Now (Google Discover), which is normally accessed by swiping right from the home screen, is not available on Nova Launcher straight away.
You’ll need to install a companion app that works with the launcher to receive it. Because Google does not allow this software to be downloaded and installed via the Play Store, you will need to download and install an APK. After that, all you have to do now is configure it in Nova Settings, and you’re done.
To download and install Nova Google Companion, follow these steps:
- With your smartphone or tablet, go to TeslaCoils’ official website here.
- By pressing on the links at the bottom of the page, you may download Nova Google Companion.
- When asked, run the APK and accept installation from third-party sources.
- Make Nova the default launcher on your computer.
- To access Nova Settings, touch and hold the home screen.
- Go to Integrations and choose it.
- Check both the Google Discover and Edge Swipe (optionally) boxes under Google Discover. You’re ready to go after you’ve chosen your desired theme and transition animation.
Solution 2: Turn off/on Google Companion Feed
If you already have the Google Companion but can’t get it to work by swiping to the left from the home screen, there are a few things you may try. To begin, you may deactivate it and then immediately re-enable it. This single operation generally totally addresses the issue.
Simply go to Nova Settings, choose Integrations, and uncheck the Google Discover option, as shown above. Restart your device, then return to Google Discover settings and tick the option once again.
Solution 3: Delete the Google app’s cache.
Now, this does not always imply that Nova Launcher (or Companion) is broken. It’s possible that the issue is due to the Google app. Bugs are anticipated as a result of regular updates and many (mainly small) modifications.
The first thing you can do with the Google app is delete its cache. Google Now should start operating after you erase the locally cached data.
To delete the cache from the Google app, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Then, depending on your phone’s Android skin, choose App manager, Manage applications, or All apps.
- Now, from the list of applications, find and launch Google.
- Tap Storage.
- Manage storage is the option to choose.
- Delete all of your data.
Restart Nova Launcher as a last resort.
After that, you may try just rebooting your device. In Nova Launcher, there’s an option to restart it as well. This is a long shot, but it might help you address your current situation.
- Open Nova Settings by tapping and holding the home screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Advanced.
- Restart Nova Launcher by pressing the Restart button.
Continue to the final step below if Google Now is still not functioning on Nova Launcher.
Reset the Google app (option 5)
Finally, we can only recommend that you reset the Google app altogether. The best (and most complete) solution is to remove all app updates and start from scratch. Simply wait for it to auto-update (or manually update it via the Play Store) before reopening it.
Configure what’s required first in Google > hamburger bar > Settings. After that, just deactivate and re-enable Nova Google Companion, and everything should be OK.
To fully reset the Google app, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Look for the Google app and expand it.
- Remove Google from your computer (this will uninstall updates since the Google app is a system app).
- Restart your smartphone and install the latest version of the app.
With that stated, we may call this essay to a close. Thank you for reading, and please let us know if you have any questions or recommendations in the comments box below or on Facebook or Twitter.
Note from the editor: This story was first published in February 2020. We made care to update it for correctness and freshness.
Watch This Video-
The “Nova Launcher Google Now swipe left” is a fix for the Nova Launcher app that allows it to work with Google Now. Reference: nova launcher google now swipe left.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable Google now in Nova Launcher?
A: To enable Google now, open up your Nova Launcher settings. Then scroll all the way down until you find Search in App and tap on it. Now make sure to turn off the search bar at the top of this page by tapping on Enable Search Bar. After that is done, just go into Google app settings then select what kind of information should be searched for while using this launcher as a shortcut (Google) or type in any other website with no shortcuts like Bing or Yahoo!
Why is Nova Launcher not working?
A: Nova Launcher does not work in the Rift.
Why is my Google Discover not working?
A: This is a function which has been removed from the app. There was no specific reason for this, but it may be related to an update that occurred in early 2019.
- nova google companion android 11
- nova google companion apk
- nova launcher google news feed
- nova google companion 2021
- nova google companion dark mode