When using a projector, make sure to properly connect the HDMI cable between the computer and projecter first. If you are having trouble connecting your wires to each other, try making sure they don’t come into contact with anything metal. This can cause breakage or accidental short circuits that will stop all of your devices from working
The “duplicate screen not working windows 10” is a problem that can occur on some projectors. If you are experiencing this, try the following solutions:
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
13th of December, 2021
Publish date: September 2020
- In a variety of scenarios, the projector duplication capability comes in handy.
- If the option doesn’t function on your device, try the suggestions below.
- Save our Windows 10 Troubleshooting Hub to your favorites for fast access anytime you need help.
- If you’re seeking for specialized tutorials for your device, our Laptop & PC section will come in helpful.
Because of the projector duplicating capability, PCs may be utilized for presentations. However, the option might be unreliable at times.
You may have noticed that although expanding the display is feasible, duplicating it is not. It’s also possible that the duplicate monitors or display aren’t functioning.
Because the built-in graphics interact with your system, the HDMI connection may be the issue.
As a result, please see the list of remedies below for assistance in restoring the projector duplication function on your device.
How can I solve Windows 10’s projector duplicating feature?
- Drivers must be updated.
- Ensure that the resolution on both displays is the same.
- Disable your computer’s built-in graphics.
- Make use of a cable splitter.
- Troubleshoot your hardware and devices using the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
- SFC and DISM scans should be performed.
- Updates must be installed.
- Restore the system to its original state.
1. Keep your drivers up to date.
First and foremost, outdated drivers may cause a variety of problems, including this one.
The DisplayLink port replicator driver, for example, was out of date, which caused this problem to occur, according to users.
To resolve this issue, make sure that all of your drivers are up to current. Download the latest drivers for your laptop model from the manufacturer’s website.
Additionally, users recommend that you upgrade your graphics card driver, so be sure to do so.
If manually downloading drivers seems too time-consuming or you don’t know how to do it correctly, you can always utilize solutions like DriverFix.
With only a few clicks, this utility will automatically update all of your drivers.
You’ll also get suggestions for just the drivers that are compatible with your device. Needless to say, this is the safest and most efficient way to do this task.
2. Double-check that both displays have the same resolution.
If you can’t utilize the projector duplicate function on your PC, it’s possible that your display resolution is the issue.
According to some users, in order to replicate your screen, both monitors must have the same resolution.
The issue should be rectified after both monitors are adjusted to the same resolution, and you should be able to replicate your screen without difficulty.
3. Turn off your computer’s built-in graphics.
- To access the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X. Select Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click your built-in graphics card and choose Disable device from the menu.
- Click Yes when the confirmation dialog opens.
Check to see whether the duplicate projector function is working correctly now.
Built-in graphics are available on many laptops and PCs. According to users, Intel integrated graphics might create issues with your computer’s projector duplicate function, preventing you from utilizing it.
4. Make use of a cable splitter
There are two ends to a splitter cable. One end connects to your monitor, while the other connects to your projector, television, or another monitor.
When you connect two monitors, the identical signal will be transmitted to both of them at the same time, automatically duplicating your display.
Remember that this is a poor workaround, but if you haven’t been able to solve the issue with other methods, you may always attempt this technique.
5. Use the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- To get started, go to the Update & Security section.
- From the left-hand menu, choose Troubleshoot.
- Select Hardware and Devices in the right pane, then click Run the troubleshooter.
Check whether the issue persists after the troubleshooting step is completed.
6. Run a DISM and SFC scan.
- By hitting Windows Key + X, you may open Command Prompt with administrator rights.
- To execute sfc /scannow, open Command Prompt and enter sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- The SFC scan will now begin. Don’t interrupt the procedure since it takes roughly 15-20 minutes.
Check whether the issue persists after the SFC scan is done.
We also have a tutorial on what to do if sfc/scannow suddenly stops working.
Try performing a DISM scan on the duplicate projector if it’s still inoperable. Simply follow these instructions to do so:
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt.
- Press Enter after entering the following command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The DISM scan will now begin. Don’t interrupt the scan; it normally takes 20 minutes or more.
Check whether the issue is still there after the DISM scan is completed. Whether you were unable to conduct an SFC scan previously, do it now to see if it resolves your issue.
If the problem is caused by file corruption, this approach is helpful. After all, the OS installation is often botched due to a variety of factors.
7. Download and install the most recent updates.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the menu.
- Click the Check for Updates button in the right pane.
Windows will now automatically look for updates and download them in the background.
When you restart your computer after downloading the updates, they will be installed. Check whether the issue persists after your system has been updated.
8. Restore the system to its original state.
- To restore your system, press Windows Key + S and enter system restore. From the drop-down menu, choose Create a restore point.
- The window for System Properties should now appear. Select System Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next when the System Restore box appears.
- If the option to see additional restore points is available, choose it. Next, choose a restoration point and click Next.
- To finish the procedure, follow the directions on the screen.
Remember that a System Restore will only work if the issue first appeared lately.
Overall, the projector duplication is a beneficial function, although it may sometimes cause problems. However, we hope that one of our solutions will help you fix the issue.
Please let us know which approach worked best for you in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you? 980
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “duplicate these displays not showing” is an issue that many projectors have. The first step to resolving the issue is to check your projector settings and make sure that you have selected the correct display mode. If you still cannot resolve the issue, contact your projector manufacturer for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is duplicate not working in projector?
A: If you are using a projector, please ensure that the device is plugged in and turned on.
How do you fix a duplication screen?
A: To fix a duplication screen, you need to press the button in the bottom left with the star on it. This will clear out all of your saved songs and restore them back to default.
What to do when projector is not working?
A: If you are experiencing a projector that is not working properly, there are several steps you can take to address the problem. First and foremost make sure your power cable is plugged into an outlet on the same circuit as where it should be connected in order for it to work correctly.
If this does not solve your issue, then we recommend reconnecting or replacing any damaged cables that may have been broken during shipment of your device. In addition make sure all cables connecting to the projector such as HDMI and USB ports are securely fastened so they do not come loose while moving around with other devices attached like controllers.
- hdmi duplicate screen not working windows 10
- hdmi duplicate screen not working windows 7
- i can extend my display but not duplicate
- duplicate screen not working with hdmi
- laptop won’t duplicate display to tv